Hey friends! I made this delicious bread this weekend and let me tell you, it was so good! It was one of those breads that were gone within five minutes after it came out of the oven! I must say with certainty that it is kid AND husband approved!
Good thing is, it was so easy! Just like everything else I blog about, haha! It is also pretty healthy. Not much sugar and I used organic flour and fresh organic fruit. The organic flour is actually very good and we never notice a difference in taste.
• 1 ½ organic all purpose flour
• 1/3 cup sugar
• ¾ cup oats
• 2tsp baking powder
• 1tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ tsp vanilla extract
• 1 egg
• ¼ cup vegetable oil
• 2/3 cup milk
• 1 cup mashed banana
• 1 ½ cup fresh blueberries (frozen works too)
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Spray your 9”x5” bread pan with cooking spray (I had extra batter to make some muffins also!)
• Mix together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
• In a separate small bowl, mash your bananas (1 cup was around 1 ½ bananas). Set aside.
• In a separate bowl, mix the milk, vegetable oil, vanilla, egg and add the banana.
• Add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix together until blended well.
• Add your blueberries and stir.
• Fill the pan about 2/3 of the way up.
• Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden and the fork is clean when you poke it.
For even healthier bread add 1 cup of fresh spinach! It’s so good, you can’t even taste it!
Enjoy your delicious homemade bread!
Pin the photo below to your Pinterest to save for later!